Rohna Jotwani is the Director of Admissions Counseling at Inspira Advantage and has worked for over 11 years in the higher education industry.
Rohan Jotwani MD, MBA is a Columbia graduate who completed his residency in Anesthesiology at several hospitals: NewYork Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Hospital for Special Surgery, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. After his training, he completed a Pain Medicine fellowship at Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Now a board-certified Anesthesiologist and Pain Medicine specialist, Dr. Jotwani practices in both fields and has worked with Inspira as an expert admissions consultant for over three years. He has held several notable positions in medicine and education, including:
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medicine
- Assistant Director of Education (Digital Innovation) at Weill Cornell Medicine
- Academic Anesthesiologist and Interventional Pain Specialist at Weill Cornell Medicine
- Pain Medicine Fellow at Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Chief Resident at New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Resident Physician at New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Admissions Committee Member at Tufts University School of Medicine
As a Columbia University undergraduate, Rohan was the President of the university debate team, which helped him become a specialist in clear communication and helping students convey why they’d make stellar additions to the nation’s most prestigious institutions. His skill is evidenced by reaching the quarterfinals in The American Parliamentary Debate Association’s 2012 Nationals!
Rohan interviewed candidates and reviewed applications at Columbia University and Tufts, helping him become an academic consulting expert. Additionally, he spent time as an appointed voting member of the admissions committee at Tufts, where he adjudicated on numerous student applications. He has helped dozens of students from all backgrounds get into their dream schools, including UPenn, Hopkins, Columbia, and Stanford.
Dr. Jotwani’s latest research revolved around extended/virtual reality approaches to train future physicians and treat chronic pain. He has been published in numerous peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Immersive Soft Skills Education Grant, awarded by Meta (2023)
- Elected Chief Anesthesiology Resident, Weill Cornell Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology (2020-2021)
- Residency Award for Research, Weill Cornell Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology (2021)
- Anesthesia History Association Essay Winner (2020)
- New York Academy of Medicine, Third Place Research Award (2019)
- MedTech Boston’s 40 Under 40 Award (2016)
- Norman S. Stearns MD/MBA Award, Tufts University School of Medicine (2017)